Saturday, October 8, 2011

French Coffee Table



 This little baby came from the junk store. It had so much potential I just couldn't pass it up. The white patch is where I had to mend a large divot with some wood putty. I love the cut outs in the corners and the feet-they remind me of a little four leaf clover. The base paint is Annie Sloane Chalk Paint in off white.
I used an image from the Graphics Fairy for my design. After setting up my handy projector I traced the image and hand painted the letters using some umber Liquitex hard body acrylic paint. I slightly distressed it with some steel wool and added two coats of AS wax. I like to mix the brown wax with a little clear -because it is always easier to add more of something than to try and remove it! I love the old parchment paper effect on this one-just right !



No comments:

Post a Comment